Friday 18 October 2013

Changes to the idea

I have decided to change the theme of my idea ever so slightly in order to meet the theme of the project 'virus'. I have moved away from 'Billy in the fairground' to a fictional soldier from an anti-virus software who is defending the computer from a virus invasion called 'the crying man'. Many of the gameplay features have stayed the same, I.e there will only be three enemies and instead of a health/burger bar, there will be a number of files infected bar.

My progress
So far I've created an example of the art style I want to use with the enemies, I think it gives the enemies a lot of character and will look great when fully animated. Below are some of the frames I used to show the when killed sequence. I used paint.net and ms paint to make all my artwork.



I've been struggling to try and create a suitable background for my project but I am we'll on the way to creating something I like. Recently I've been replaying an app called jetpack joyride and have took a lot of inspiration from it, especially in regards to character and art style. Heres the direction my background is going so far.


Thats just some of the asset work I've been messing around with. In todays workshop I'm to focus purely on game logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment